Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Well, we will see how this goes!


My Aunt Debra told me about this blogg she loved to read http://thepioneerwoman.com/ . She used to have blogg, but now it is website.  I looked at it a few times, but not one I read everyday till about 5 or 6 months ago.  She has a cookbook now that has so many stories and great pictures.  I like that she cooks real food, not the recipes that have 200 ingredients and 6 hours to make.

I plan to cook thru her cookbook at least in a year, maybe shorter, the cookbook is not that big. I will be blogging about it everyday. I do need a few things that I don't have like a dutchoven, and a bigger cast iron skillet. I am sure there will be a few things she used that I don't care for like clam sauce or wine, wine to me is so gross. I will at least try everything once.  If you know anyone that like to cook like me this is the perfect gift. Make sure though, I was going to buy it for someones birthday and found out it is not their idea of a good gift. lol.

The first recipe is BBQ Jalapeno Poppers it calls for 6 ingredients. YES!

Wish me luck. Also, I will be doing a givaway of her cookbook soon, so stay tuned!!! Happy Blogging Everyone!!!

2 comments:

Deb M. said...

Yeah..it came!! Can't wait to see what you concoct!! I never said it wasn't a "good gift"...I said I did not want to cook!! LOL!! Enjoy...

Frances Vineyard said...

I LOVE her! What a cool idea! Maybe I'll get the book and do the same!!